WHAT IS BIOPAD
BIOPAD® is supplied sterile in a single package, for one-use only, and can be available in different sizes from 1x1 cm to 10x15 cm. The standard size is 5x5 cm.
BIOPAD® can be cut to wound size and easily adapted to wound size and shape.
HOW DOES IT WORK
1. balance between absorption and humidity at wound surface
2. gaseous exchange
3. barrier to prevent bacterial infections
4. it is completely non-adherent
BIOPAD® use is completely painless for the patient and does not require removal or change of dressing.
WHAT IT DOES
Quick Restoration of intactness of disrupted surface is critical in the healing process:
BIOPAD® is the ideal mean for ensuring a fast recovery of the wounded area.
BIOPAD® is the ideal and most innovative dressing for the control of minor bleeding and for the local management of moderately to heavy exuding wounds including
· Pressure sores,
· Donor sites and other bleeding surfaces,
· Dehisced surgical incisions,
· Draining wounds,
· Venous stasis ulcers,
· Diabetic ulcers,
· Partial and full thickness wounds,
· Post-laser surgery,
· Surgical and traumatic wounds.
The advantages of BIOPAD®’s use can be summarized in:
· Reduction of healing time
· Best quality of scarring
· Excellent results, even in difficult to treat ulcers
· Easiness of use
· Painless application
· Reduced dressing frequency
· Outpatient treatment (in acute phase)
· Home-treatment (subsequently the acute phase)